Yes! You heard it right you can even start your own courier company overnight. However you need set up reliable transportation services that will pick up and also deliver products in time. You can purchase a car or any other transport according to your budget. As you will be starting new, you need tobe patient. You might not have too many clients in the beginning. But as your business prospers, you can even buy a truck for large business dealings. You can also hire a truck instead of purchasing it in case you are low on funds.
You can follow these steps to get started with your own courier company:
- The primary step to start your courier company is to set up an office in a room. It could be a roomin your house even.
- Then you need to name your couriercompany. You also need to apply for a license for your courier company as per the rules and regulations of the government. You can also apply for the vendor’s license which will help you collect sales tax from your customers.
- Then you need to prioritize your business direction that is whether to focus on domestic or commercial clients. You will alsoneed to decide on the kind of packages you will be delivering that is a personal gift, perishable good or even moneyorders. Then you need to set up a limit of the weight of the parcels that you will besending for conveniencepurpose.
- You can also make a call to other courier companies in your district. This will help you to understand your competitors’ rates and then you can place your rate accordingly. However, you need to place your quotes according to the size and weight of the parcel and also the mileage that it will be covering. You need to make your price competitive as compared to other courier companies in your district.This way you will be able to make a place in the market.
- You need to hire a web designer to make a website for your courier company. You need to place your website address in brochures and business cards to give it exposure. You can also hire advertising materials and employ other online marketing tactics. This will give good platform to your company.
- To make commercial clients, you can call up smaller offices, hospitals, complexes and even schools. You should always leave the brochure of your company with the business manager and ask them to get in touch in case of any requirement. Try to convince them as you are new you will give more personal attention to each client than large courier companies. You need to start scheduling your pickups and deliveries as and when the customers call you.
- You can also advertise your company online to attract attention of your clients.
- You need to be very efficient with time and scheduling as you will get return customers only on your performance.
Follow these simple tips to climb the ladder of success with your courier business!