A car is an asset, which is definitely the owner’s pride. It is just not an asset, but one has emotional quotient attached to it. May be, this is the reason a car owner wants nothing less than the best for his or her car. If you are a car owner and on search for the right mechanic for the car, then we have come up with a few facts and figures that can help you in hiring the best car mechanic for the servicing of the car.
Certain tips that can help you in reaching the mechanic
- Taking recommendations can be a big help:There is no denial of the fact that car mechanic belong to service industry and their performance and behavior have direct impact on the customers. Their past performances regarding servicing of various cars will definitely spread their skills as a mechanic through word of mouth. Apart from that, their behavior with the client, the way of treating the client and timely completion of the job in hand can also create positive or negative image about them. Taking recommendations about them can help you in knowing about what to expect from the mechanic.
- Personal visit:Don’t just go by the word of mouth, but make sure you visit the mechanic’s garage personally. Personal visit to the garage will give you a fair idea about the available infrastructure of the garage. Then only, you can be sure of the servicing offered to your car.
- Repair cost: Cost of repair is also one of the points to consider while searching a car However, it is not the deciding factor as skills and work ethics of the mechanic is much more important.
Once you have found a car mechanic for yourself, your task does not end here. You have to go beyond that and ask certain questions to the mechanic so that you know that your car is in the right hands. Some of the questions to ask the mechanic are listed below.
- First, enquire about the written estimate. It is not only legally compulsory, but it gives you a fair idea about the work to be done on the car and the labor cost charged from you. Many clients prefer to contact if the mechanic finds hidden damage at the time of servicing.
- A mechanic is like a doctor to the car, as they diagnose the problem and give suitable solution to it. You should not shy away in asking the reason for the certain problems or damage in the car. It will educate you about your car. Therefore, you can avoid that to happen in the future. Thus, getting rid of further damages.
- Another very important thing that has to be taken care is asking about the spare parts used by the mechanic. He should not use just any spare part in the car while servicing, which are cheap initially, but can damage the car in the long-run. Make sure you ask about brand, warranty, making of the spare parts used by the mechanic and emphasize on using original parts.
- He should be able to give you clear instructions about the car maintenance so that you can avoid some of the repairs coming up in the future.
At times, many people confuse mobile car mechanics with the regular mechanics in the workshops.
Mobile car mechanics are the mechanics, who can give you help in emergency and tow your car to the garage. They can help you with flat tyre, cold engine, or other such issue. You cannot trust them for full-fledged servicing of the car.