The ever-expanding list of online MBA programs makes it difficult for students to decide which one is best for them. When you browse online for MBA programs, a staggering number of options will be displayed. The demand for management degree has increased among engineering professionals for many reasons. This is because after completion of their undergraduate course they start working in a company and after a few years they realise the importance of MBA.
Also, an MBA graduate certainly earns more than an undergraduate student. Hence it is important to sort out the right one. To some students cost and convenience matters more than reputation. In evaluating programs, the candidate must ask a few questions. Here are tips to help you choose the best online MBA in Dubai UAE
- Accreditation: Find out about the entity that issued its accreditation. The AACSB is the oldest accreditation board and when compared to other boards, it has more strict requirements thus attracting corporate recruiters. Most AACSB schools require GMAT. The next best accreditation is the regional board that is organized by the federal government.
- Recruiter’s opinion: Online degrees aren’t universally admired by recruiters of top companies. If you are planning on getting into one particular company, make sure to call the HR department that works in collaboration with the company. Enquire them whether they hire candidates, who have done online MBAs and if so ask them which school they prefer. If you are not aiming for any top company, you needn’t worry about this.
- Value: An important advantage of online MBA degree is its affordability. There are still few online courses that are expensive than their residential counterparts. This is due to the advanced technology and extra effort put in by the professors. Whatever be the price the most important thing is that you should be able to benefit from this degree. At the same time, less expensive ones don’t necessarily mean that it is not worthy.
- Online review: This is a less formal way of filtering colleges based on their quality. Browse and read unbiased opinions of students. You will be able to see what students found positive and negative about the program. However, bear in mind that it is usually the tendency of people to go online to write negative stuff about something rather than praising about what was best about it.
- Your priority: While selecting it, consider the factors that are of importance to you. Though reviews and rankings make you get a picture of how others see the program but select a course that helps you meet your career goals. Those who wish to complete the program in a short period of time must take up an accelerated program. Those who are concerned about the cost can enrol in private non-profit business schools.
There are different types of MBAs. If you already have more than 10 years experience in management, you can take up executive MBA program, while if you are new to the business world, a generalist degree would be best for you.