Life can get overwhelming at times. If you ever feel like escaping and getting away from it all, picturesque Monterey may be the perfect destination for you. There are plenty of things to do in Monterey California. You can witness the magnificence of nature at its finest. You can explore dozens of cultural and historic landmarks. You can even dine on some of the finest gourmet foods around. Monterey escapes can be incredible for so many reasons.
1. Fantastic Weather: Monterey is known for its fantastic weather. Summertime temperatures in the area are often around 72 degrees. If you’re not exactly a fan of the oppressive heat that’s so common in other parts of California, you’ll fall quickly in love with Monterey County.
2. Recreational Activities: Monterey is a haven for people who enjoy participating in recreational activities of all varieties. If you’re someone who adores being outdoors and moving around, you’ll have a blast in Monterey. The area offers plentiful hiking, swimming, camping, surfing, boating, skydiving and hang gliding options.
3. Interesting Attractions: People who visit Monterey can take advantage of many interesting educational opportunities. That’s because Monterey is home to an abundance of fascinating and intriguing attractions. The Monterey Bay Aquarium is one. This popular spot can be a terrific place for people who want to learn more about aquatic life.
4. World Class Golf Courses: Monterey is a paradise for people who appreciate invigorating recreational activities that make them sweat. It’s also a paradise for golfers. This is thanks to the many prominent golf courses in the area such as in Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove and Carmel. If you’re an enthusiastic golfer, you won’t be able to resist a few leisurely days in Monterey.
5. Excellent Dining Establishments: Foodies of the world unite! People who enjoy sampling new cuisines can’t go wrong in Monterey. Monterey’s choices in A+ restaurants run the gamut. Visitors and locals alike can feast on everything from classic French fare and New American meals to tacos and sushi. There’s no arguing that Monterey is a wonderful place for people who love eating out.
6. Terrific Wine Tasting Rooms: Wine tasting can be a lot of fun. If you’re interested in testing out some genuinely amazing local wines, a Monterey getaway should be a big priority for you. Widely known Monterey wineries include both Pierce Ranch Vineyards and Bargetto Winery of Cannery Row.
7. Superb Shopping Choices: People who want to shop ’til they drop can easily enjoy Monterey vacations. It doesn’t matter if you’re interested in designer clothing, accessories, toys, electronic devices or anything else. There are many shopping destinations in Monterey that can cater to your needs. Del Monte Shopping Center is one major example. Fans of quirky and eclectic boutiques can also check out downtown Monterey. There are quite a few small and exciting shop choices available there. If you’re lucky enough to visit, you’ll realize quickly that there are always plenty of things to do in Monterey California. Monterey has so much to offer visitors.