It’s easy to find other small business owners through online platforms. However, we often stare at the computer screen blankly and can’t find anything to share. What expertise we should share with other owners and whether these things can actually help? In reality, sharing good information with others will help us build networks and improve relationships. Here are things we can do to communicate online with other business owners:
- Go ahead, ask anything: This is an obvious thing to do, but many of us don’t do it. We should make an agreement with other business owner to ask one question each day to another business owner. This simple activity will quickly grow into a dynamic discussion. Often, many people will be more than eager to ask and answer more than one question. The online conversation will eventually extend to chats on the phone and quick meetings at local coffee shops. By establishing a vibrant online community, it is more likely for people to gather in real-life situations to create real networking.
- Trade business information: One of the more important ways to establish networking is by trading business information. Each enterprising businessperson should have specific offers. They could deliver information related to their business and industry. The overview will allow others to see opportunities that they can take advantage of. This may also encourage cooperation between business owners, because they may realize that their operations are more connected than previously thought. The information trade is a clear way to show people that we want to connect with them and many people would take our offers.
- Ask and provide helps: There are situations where our business isn’t operating smoothly due to internal and external factors. In this case, we should ask help with friends in the network. It is also possible to ask help to get new marketing ideas to jump start our stagnated business. By helping one another, it is possible for the business network to solidify further and becomes more improved in the future.
- Perform regular brainstorming: The business world changes progressively, so it is important to have a brainstorming session. Twice a year, the network can get together and perform brainstorming sessions about recent business developments. Before the session, each business owner can prepare plans for their business and also question and biggest challenges they face. We could us the opportunity to focus on each plan. Others may provide support, resources, tips, solution and of course, a lot of laughter. In the end, we could come away with valuable hope, inspiration and ideas for our new plans. This will help us to take full advantage of the networking session from this type of mastermind group.
- Meet friends of a friend: A friend can open an opportunity to know other friends. Some of these people could actually be those that we really want to meet. They could have the expertise and experience to help our small business. This is a perfect way to further expand our business network, especially if we can expand it to a friend of a friend of a friend.