Being a new mom is an incredibly enjoyable experience. Just the thought of being able to conceive a human being inside of you and bringing it to the world makes all the pain worth it. That little bundle of joy makes you think there’ll be nothing wrong is going on in this world. Yep, you’re right! But on the second thought, nope, you’re not.
As you look happily in the mirror and touch that belly of yours, all your happiness may suddenly go away. What is that belly pouch down there? This is just one of the problems that new moms have to face every day– getting your body back. It may sound easy. But don’t be deceived as it this task takes a whole lot of patience and hard work.
Don’t worry. You don’t need to panic. With the evolving world where in a lot of slimming medications and weight loss procedures, there can still be a painless, easy way to get rid of your problem. Just start to give yourself at least half to an hour time each day to perform this 5 simple exercise, and you’ll recover in no time.
These flat tummy exercises after delivery are great if you’re focusing on your abdominal muscles to get back into your pre-pregnancy shape. This kind of activities are advised and highly recommended to be performed early in the morning, before breakfast, since that is the best time where our body burns fat.
- Lie flat on the ground and place your hands on the floor, hands facing down.
- Pull in your stomach muscles and grasps the sides.
- Gradually raise your legs to create a right angle with the floor.
- Hold to this position then return your legs down to the floor.
2. Bikini Twist
This exercise will work like magic as you attain a high cut leg opening along with a flat tummy. Tone those heavy thighs together with your stomach with this exercise.
- Support yourself with your elbows as you lean back towards the floor.
- With your knees together, raise your legs to create a right angle.
- Gradually lower your legs on each side simultaneously.
3. Bikini Body Mommy Crunch
Just like an intensified plank, this exercise is one of the best flat tummy exercises after delivery. Recreate your sexy figure with these steps:
- Start with planking position.
- Start bending your knees towards your elbow.
- Do this on each leg for each side.
4. Static Holds
Toning your stomach muscle doesn’t just end in the inner core. The outer muscles of your stomach must be strengthened for stability and posture too to achieve that flat tummy you dreamed of and Static Holds exercise is the right one for the job. It trains your tummy’s outer core while holding yourself on the position. Here are the steps:
- Lie on the floor on your stomach.
- Place your hands to your elbows, creating a 90-degree angle at the joint of your hands and body.
- Using your elbow, support yourself as you raise your body off the ground.
- Hold this position for as long as you could without your rear or midsection dipping down to the floor.
- While for beginners, holding time can start to 30 seconds extending till they can get used to this exercise.
5. Dolphin Plank
Planks are known to be one of the best flat tummy exercises after delivery since it targets overall strength of every muscle in the body starting from the arms, legs and core muscles down to the abdomen, lower back, and chest. Here are the procedures:
- Go down on the floor on your hands and knees.
- Lie flat your elbows on the ground.
- Lift your hips off the floor as you maintain your stability.
- Keep your legs straight and your arms to your elbow flat on the ground.
- Your head must look on the ground to achieve a straight line to your spine.
- Slowly, raise your hips higher to the ceiling creating a triangle shape with the floor.
- Hold this position. The longer, the better but don’t overdo it.
- To return to your resting position, lower down your knees onto the floor.
There are so many belly exercises to choose from. Get that body back to where it was and see the big difference in all the achievements you’ve completed. Keep in mind that to achieve a better body shape, health must come first. Don’t forget to take into consideration the needed precautionary measures and consult with your doctor before starting an exercise.